Associate Principal / Principal Bioanalytical Scientist
Job Title: Associate Principal / Principal Bioanalytical Scientist
Department: Method Development
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Alderley Analytical is fast growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) based at the prestigious Alderley Park in the heart of Cheshire. We provide specialist bioanalytical services to support our clients with their discovery and regulatory drug development programmes whether it is pre-clinical or clinical. We provide services to support our clients with their small & large molecule, peptide, oligonucleotide and biomarker projects.
Our facility has a wealth of state-of-the-art LC-MS/MS instruments complimented by many other analytical technologies.
The Method Development Group supports the bioanalytical facility by driving the science behind everything we do. The team is tasked with developing robust and reliable bioanalytical methods to a quality standard to meet regulatory requirements where required.
Due to the ongoing success of Alderley Analytical, we are looking for another Associate Principal or Principal Scientist (dependant on experience) to join our Method Development Group to complement the existing knowledge base in the group.
Alderley Analytical will offer the successful candidate an interesting and fulfilling career along with an excellent renumeration package including a competitive salary, private health care, generous holidays and pension fund.
- Development of bioanalytical methods, ensuring all methods are robust and reliable enough to validate to meet regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with bioanalytical methods and instrumentation.
- A full awareness and understanding of all the current scientific developments and changing regulations in the bioanalytical community.
- Actively seeking to collaborate with customers, academic groups or scientific vendors to raise the scientific profile of Alderley Analytical through webinars, seminars, posters and publications.
- Mentor laboratory scientists to develop their knowledge and understanding of bioanalytical techniques and instrumentation.
- Act as a bioanalytical subject matter expert.
- Drive the implementation of new scientific instrumentation.
- Present Scientific updates to clients.
- Assist BD in the generation of quotes by conducting literature searches to provide an indication of the potential difficulty of bioanalytical methods and assist with client visits/calls where detailed scientific input is required.
- Work in accordance with GLP/GCP and good documentation practice.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience working in a regulatory bioanalysis laboratory with 3-5 years’ experience developing LC-MS/MS bioanalytical assays.
- A PhD or degree in life sciences or chemistry related subject.
- A competent user of Sciex and Waters LC-MS/MS systems.
- Good knowledge of separation science and bioanalytical extraction methodologies.
- Tenacious and proven trouble-shooter.
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working within a GLP/GLP accredited facility.
- Good computer literacy and competent in Microsoft office applications Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of scientific software platforms such as Analyst, Masslynx, UNIFI, WATSON, Softmax Pro, and ELn.
- An understanding of Large Molecule analysis and non LC-MS/MS techniques an advantage.
- Experience of Validating Methods to FDA/EMA guidelines
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter via email to: