Facilities Maintenance Associate
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Associate
Job Level: Experienced
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable (dependant on experience)
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Negotiable)
Alderley Analytical is fast growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) based at the prestigious Alderley Park in the heart of Cheshire. We provide specialist bioanalytical services to support our clients with their drug development programmes.
Our laboratories have a wealth of state-of-the-art scientific instruments complemented by many other analytical technologies. We are undergoing a large investment in new premises and new technology to improve the compliance and capacity of the laboratory and increasing the number of drug products we support.
Due to the ongoing success of Alderley Analytical, we are looking for a Facility Maintenance Associate to join our team. This role requires a motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic individual with experience in a facilities maintenance role.
As our Facilities Maintenance Associate, you will be based on-site where you will be responsible for the oversight of the maintenance of our new facilities based in Tytherington, Macclesfield. You will be responsible for our facility and ensuring the facilities remain in good order and fit for delivering our scientific services.
Alderley Analytical will offer the successful candidate an interesting and fulfilling career along with an excellent renumeration package including a competitive salary, generous holidays, private healthcare, discount scheme and pension fund.
- Act as the key point of contact for all our external facility contractors which will include but not be limited to (Waste management providers, Facility cleaners, Window cleaners, Electrical providers, Gas suppliers, Lift servicing, Legionella testing, Pest control, PAT testing services, Fire prevention suppliers, Security agents, Other maintenance contractors as needed)
- Will perform routine maintenance and jobs where possible to keep the facility running.
- Will oversee the internal waste management processes for solvent, clinical, chemical and standard waste removal.
- Will endeavour to keep our facilities safe, secure, compliant, and functional.
- Will manage the routine service visits for key laboratory equipment which will include but not be limited to (Centrifuges, Analytical Balances, LEV testing of safety cabinets, HPLC equipment, Other Analytical Equipment)
- Will be a member on the health and safety team.
- Will assist the management team with annual fire drills.
- Oversee the daily deliveries of laboratory and office stocks.
- Manage the stock control process for the laboratory and office stocks.
- Experience in a Facilities Maintenance role.
- Good ability to prioritise work and split time so able to work on multiple ongoing responsibilities.
- Strong organisational and document-keeping skills.
- A self-starter.
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Has a delivery focus with a good work ethic.
Desirable Requirements (not essential)
- Good computer literacy and competence in Microsoft office applications Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel.
- Experience with stock control systems.
If you want a varied and rewarding career with Alderley Analytical in this period of exciting growth and opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter via email to: