Head of Information Technology Services
Job Title: Head of Information Technology Services
Job Level: Experienced
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable (dependant on experience)
Working Hours: Negotiable
Alderley Analytical is fast growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) currently based at the prestigious Alderley Park in the heart of Cheshire. We provide specialist bioanalytical services to support our clients with their discovery and regulatory drug development programmes whether it is pre-clinical or clinical. We provide services to support our clients with their small & large molecule, peptide, oligonucleotide and biomarker projects.
Our facility has a wealth of state-of-the-art scientific instruments complimented by many other analytical technologies and IT Solutions. All our instruments, data management and data storage solutions have specialised scientific IT requirements.
Due to the ongoing success of Alderley Analytical, we are looking for a Head of IT services, this is a new role within the organisation, who will take responsibility for the IT infrastructure in terms of operational performance, cyber security and regulatory compliance. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the current and future IT solutions are fit for the organisation, they will also lead the growth of the IT function within the organisation.
Alderley Analytical will offer the successful candidate an interesting and fulfilling career along with an excellent renumeration package including a competitive salary, private health care, generous holidays, discount schemes and a pension.
- Act as 1st line support for Alderley Analytical staff who are experiencing IT issues
- Implement appropriate IT policies (written and procedural)
- Manage all 3rd part suppliers needed for the IT infrastructure (Microsoft, Internet Providers, Contract IT support, Cyber Security Providers etc.)
- Ensure IT resilience for the organisation
- Work closely with the Data Compliance Manager and the Data Compliance Group (DCG) with integrating scientific software into the IT domain
- Work with the DCG to perform routine Back up testing and Business Continuity testing for the Scientific and IT domain systems
- Advise on future strategic IT infrastructure for the business
- Act as our IT Subject Matter Expert during MHRA / Client audits
- Work in accordance with GLP/GCP and good documentation practice where required
- Advise and assist with expert advice during laboratory changes (eg laboratory moves and expansion et)
- Help with recruitment strategy and management of more junior IT staff
- At least ten years’ experience working in an IT environment, five years at a senior level
- Active Directory Administration, Office 365 Administration
- Implementation of service improvements (SLAs) for key activities
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- IT infrastructure management (Firewall, Switches, WAN, LAN)
- Tenacious and proven trouble-shooter.
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
Additional Requirements (not essential)
- Experience of working within a GLP/GLP accredited facility
- Good computer literacy and competence in Microsoft Office applications Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel.
- Firewalls – WAN config, VPN, administer rules, upgrades, troubleshooting
- Backup technologies
- Cyber Security Compliance (CE+)
- Experience with cloud-based solutions (backups, MS, Office 365)
- Experience of virtualisation (Hyper-V, VMWare)
- Experience of team management
- Knowledge of security technologies
If you want a varied and rewarding career with Alderley Analytical in this period of exciting growth and opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter via email to: