Instrument Support Engineer
Job Title: Instrument Support Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Alderley Analytical is fast growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) based on the Tytherington Business Village on the outskirts of Macclesfield in the heart of Cheshire. We provide specialist bioanalytical services to support our clients with their discovery and regulatory drug development programmes. We provide services to support our clients with small & large molecule, peptide, oligonucleotide, Protein and biomarker projects through their pre-clinical and clinical projects.
Our facility has a wealth of state-of-the-art UPLC-MS/MS instruments complimented by many other analytical technologies including ELISA and MSD. We are undergoing a large investment in new premises, recruitment and new technology to improve the compliance and capacity of the laboratory and increasing the number drug products we support.
Due to the ongoing success of Alderley Analytical, we are looking for an Instrument Support Engineer to join our team. These roles require motivated and enthusiastic individuals with significant hands-on HPLC, UPLC and Mass Spectrometry experience to look after the maintenance and performance of all our pivotal instruments.
In this exciting role, you will be an integral member of Alderley Analytical’s Scientific Team in the Operations Group. The post holder will provide crucial support for a wide range of scientific instrumentation (mainly HPLC, LC-MS/MS and Robotics) to support our ongoing GLP and GCP compliant analysis to sup[port pre-clinical and clinical projects. The Instrument Support Engineer will be expected to develop a strong working relationship with the Scientists and Senior Management.
The successful candidate’s primary goal will be to maximise instrument performance/ utilisation of the instruments so the company can continue to grow and improve output of our services.
Alderley Analytical will offer the successful candidate an interesting and fulfilling career along with an excellent renumeration package including a competitive salary, generous holidays, private healthcare and pension fund.
- Provide technical cover to our Analytical Laboratory.
- To plan, co-ordinate and carry out troubleshooting and maintenance in a timely manner.
- Maximise instrument uptime.
- Provide instrument related technical support to ensure projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- Seek to build and maintain good working relationships with external service engineers, Alderley Analytical management and other scientific staff.
- Record and report instrument maintenance in compliance with quality standards.
- Actively promote best practice and, where appropriate, instrument relatedregulatory compliance across the group.
- Actively communicate with all staff on a technical level.
- Be familiar with, and implement all aspects of the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Supervise visiting service engineers.
- Maintain appropriate spare part inventory.
- Ensure all Instruments are ready to receive samples for analysis from the scientific team.
- Experience with Waters UPLC and MS systems
- Experience with Sciex MS systems
- Exposure to a wide range of instrumentation/software packages
- Working knowledge of GxP regulations
- Familiar with robotics used in a modern bioanalytical environment
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Fantastic interpersonal skills capable of engaging at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Experience with all Microsoft Office programmes is essential.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritise.
- Expertise of working in a scientific industry is desirable but not essential.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare (Option to include Partner and Family)
- Flexible Working.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional length of service days, up to a maximum of 30 days (plus your birthday off).
- Generous sick pay.
- Free Parking.
- Varied role providing a variety of experience that will lead to career progression for the right candidates.
- A fun and vibrant place to work with a friendly team.