Laboratory Scientist (Apprentice)
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist (Apprentice)
Department: Bioanalytical Science – Project Delivery
Contract Type: Apprenticeship
Working Hours: 7.5 Hours per day, 5 days per week (20% of the time will be allocated for training)
Alderley Analytical is fast growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) located on the Tytherington Business Park, near Macclesfield in the heart of Cheshire. We provide specialist analytical services to support our pharmaceutical clients with their drug discovery and drug development projects.
Our facility has a wealth of state-of-the-art technology to allow us to deliver client results for their projects and we are undergoing a large investment in new technology to improve the capability of the laboratory and increasing the drug products we support.
Due to the ongoing success of Alderley Analytical, we are looking for Scientist Apprentices to support our Laboratory Scientists. These roles require motivated and enthusiastic individuals with a strong team working attitude and a keen eye for detail.
Alderley Analytical will offer the successful candidates higher education in a chosen subject, full job training an interesting and fulfilling job role with generous salary, holidays and pension fund and potentially a rewarding career path following a successful apprenticeship.
- To assist scientists with their laboratory experiments and support the company with it’s key deliverables to develop, validate unique analytical assays and use the assays to analyse samples from drug development projects.
- Perform general laboratory duties including stock control, consumable ordering, and laboratory housekeeping.
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Preparation of laboratory reagents.
- Use and maintenance of general laboratory equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- Sample management activities.
- Compound management.
- Working in accordance with GLP/GCP and good documentation practice.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- General administrative tasks.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Experience in a laboratory environment previously.
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Has a delivery focus with a good work ethic.
- Has a keen interest in Science.
- Is a team player.
- Is hard working.