Laboratory Support Scientist (Apprentice)
Job Title: Laboratory Support Scientist (Apprentice)
Department: Bioanalytical Science – Project Delivery
Contract Type: Apprenticeship
Working Hours: 7.5 Hours per day, 5 days per week (20% of the time will be allocated for training)
Alderley Analytical is fast growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) based at the prestigious Alderley Park in the heart of Cheshire. We provide specialist analytical services to support our pharmaceutical clients with their drug discovery and drug development projects.
Our facility has a wealth of state-of-the-art technology to allow us to deliver client results for their projects and we are undergoing a large investment in new technology to improve the capability of the laboratory and increasing the drug products we support.
Due to the ongoing success of Alderley Analytical, we are looking for aspiring scientists to join as an apprentice within our Project Delivery Group. These roles require motivated and enthusiastic individuals with a strong team working attitude and a keen eye for detail.
The successful apprentice will undertake a BSc (Hons) in Chemical Science. Apprenticeship to start September 2022 at Manchester Metropolitan University. The study will be a part-time online teaching program for a period of 48 months. Alderley Analytical will offer the successful candidates in conjunction with their study, full training with responsibilities growing throughout the apprenticeship in an interesting and fulfilling job role, generous holidays, pension and potentially a rewarding career path following a successful apprenticeship.
- To assist scientists with their laboratory experiments.
- Perform general laboratory duties including stock control, consumable ordering, and laboratory housekeeping.
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Preparation of laboratory reagents.
- Use and maintenance of general laboratory equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- Sample management activities.
- Compound management.
- Working in accordance with GLP/GCP and good documentation practice.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- General administrative tasks.
- Any other tasks required by Alderley Analytical.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of five GCSE’s grade C or above or grade 4 to 9 including English and Maths.
- Minimum of three GCE ‘A’ Levels at grades A to C, preferably including a science / technology qualification.
- Some work experience which represents organisation, planning and coordination attributes.
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Has a delivery focus with a good work ethic.
- Has a keen interest in Science.
- Is a team player.
- Is hard working.
We will also consider applicants who have completed a foundation year in a relevant area or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a relevant area.
Please note: Candidates already holding a degree level qualification in a similar subject would not be eligible for the apprenticeship scheme.
If you want a varied and exciting career with Alderley Analytical whilst continuing your education, please send your CV and a covering letter via email to:
or via mail to:
Alderley Analytical Limited