Scientist /Senior Scientist
Job Title: Scientist /Senior Scientist
Department: Bioanalytical Science – Project Delivery
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Alderley Analytical is fast growing Contract Research Organisation (CRO) based at the prestigious Alderley Park in the heart of Cheshire. We provide specialist bioanalytical services to support our clients with their discovery and regulatory drug development programmes. We provide services to support our clients with small & large molecule, peptide, oligonucleotide, Protein and biomarker projects through their pre-clinical and clinical projects.
Our facility has a wealth of state-of-the-art UPLC-MS/MS instruments complimented by many other analytical technologies including ELISA and MSD. We are undergoing a large investment in new premises and new technology to improve the compliance and capacity of the laboratory and increasing the number drug products we support.
Due to the ongoing success of Alderley Analytical, we are looking for Bioanalytical Scientists of varying experience to join our team. These roles require motivated and enthusiastic individuals with bioanalysis experience, full training can be provided to the right candidates.
As a Bioanalytical Scientist, you will be primarily laboratory-based, working with our highly skilled team to ensure that bioanalytical assays utilising LC-MS/MS or Ligand Binding technology are performed to a GLP/GCP standard and delivered within scheduled timeframes. The team work on a broad range of molecule types including small molecules, peptides, Oligonucleotides and Proteins. You will be involved with the development and validation of the assays and will also use the assays to analyse samples from our clients studies.
Alderley Analytical will offer the successful candidate an interesting and fulfilling career along with an excellent renumeration package including a competitive salary, generous holidays, private healthcare and pension fund.
For the right candidates we can offer a rewarding career up the scientific, management or project management ladders and we always offer promotions internally where possible before advertising externally.
- Participate in pre-clinical and clinical bioanalytical projects through method development, validation and routine sample analysis using a variety of sample extraction techniques.
- Set-up and routine use of LC-MS/MS and/or Ligand Binding Assays (LBA), including equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Perform all aspects of analysis, data processing, data interpretation and reporting.
- Interrogation of analytical data.
- Deliver projects as a member of a team.
- Perform assay troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Act as a Responsible Scientist, as required.
- Understand the principles of GLP and GCP and conduct all work in a manner that is complaint with the regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the Project Leaders to ensure critical client timelines are met.
- Senior positions will supervise/mentor more junior Laboratory Scientists where appropriate. The more senior positions will also have some client interaction.
- Worked in a bioanalytical laboratory performing quantitative analysis.
- Experience of sample extraction techniques for biological sample analysis.
- A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Has a delivery focus with a good work ethic.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS (Not essential)
- Experience of working within a GLP/GLP accredited facility.
- A degree in life sciences or chemistry related subject.
- Good computer literacy and competent in Microsoft office applications Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel.
- Hands on experience of using LC-MS/MS. Sciex and Waters LC-MS/MS systems an advantage.
- Hands on experience of running Ligand Binding assays. Molecular Devices and Mesoscale experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of scientific software platforms such as Analyst, Masslynx, UNIFI, WATSON, Softmax Pro, and ELn.
- Experience of Validating Bioanalytical Methods to FDA/EMA guidelines.
- Experience of Bioanalytical Method Development.
- Is a team player.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare (Option to include Partner and Family)
- Flexible Working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional length of service days, up to a maximum of 30 days (Plus your birthday off)
- Generous sick pay
- Free Parking
- Varied role providing a variety of experience that will lead to career progression for the right candidates.
If you want a varied and exciting career with Alderley Analytical in this period of exciting growth and opportunity, please send your CV and a covering letter via email to:
or via mail to:
Alderley Analytical Limited
Cheshire SK10 4TG